Friday, August 15, 2008

Hosea 2

Monday night we discussed Hosea 2. In this chapter we see how God plans to punish and rebuke Israel for their immoral and idolatrous lifestyle. We also see how He plans to restore His chosen people. It is amazing to me how God uses people like Hosea and Gomer to illustrate such incredible things. Hosea's selfless obedience to God is astounding. I hope that if and when I am called by God to do things that I find difficult, that I will be able to trust in Him with all my being and follow Him with no thoughts otherwise. After reading this passage, it makes me contemplate my motives for the things that I do. Everything I have is a gift from God, but do I use those things to further my own plans or to glorify Him? Sometimes, I think it is difficult to distinguish whether those are one and the same or whether they differ. I also think about when my relationship with God is most evident... I'm ashamed to say that I am one of those that tends to turn to God and depend on Him when I am lacking much more often than I turn to Him during times of prosperity. Luckily, I can change that, and I know that God does forgive and restore His people. His compassion and grace are His unfaultering gifts to us!

0 comments: